Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Quiet Blessings

It's 10 pm and all is quiet. I do love these moments, but it always feels like something isn't right, I am so use to hearing noise all the time, even just the breath of a baby lying next to me. It's moments like this that I have time to clear my head and remember all that I have to be thankful for. I told someone the other day how "blessed" I was . And as I walked away I thought about the meaning the word blessing. Now, I haven't looked it up but here is what *I* think it means..."a gift which I do not deserve and could never earn, a valuable present which I could not ever afford, luck beyond understanding."

Sunday was my little sister's birthday. She turned 26 and most everyone in my family turned out for the occasion. I love being with them, we tell jokes, talk about stories from our childhood, and catch up on everyone's life. I am so proud of my heritage. I am proud...no, blessed... to be part of a family that loves each other so much. We are a family that celebrates each other's victories, shields one another from hurt, and comforts each other during hard times. Why do I deserve to have such wounderful people in my life? Well, I don't. They are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment